I come from a cook-from-scratch family that is ever in search of the best recipes for our favorite foods. Once we find our favorites and tweak them to just right, we stick with them, hence the French Silk Frosting recipe my mom has been using since the early 1970s and her chocolate chip cookie recipe in use since before that. I’ve been thinking about starting a blog to gather these favorites and chronicle the search for some more of them (along with anything else I might want to post) for awhile. After some wondering about what I’d say or how I’d set it up or if I have anything worth saying to the blog world and of course some procrastinating, I just did it. I started this blog for all kinds of reasons, including the following:
- To gather my favorite recipes into one place where they can be easily accessed and shared
- To post recipes online in the way I’d like to read them – with clear instructions and minimal extraneous information that you have to read to get to the recipes
- To motivate myself to try more recipes
- To have a place (other than Facebook) to post thoughts and things I think are funny
- Just to see where it takes me!
So, here’s hoping you find something on my blog that interests you…
I’d love to hear your feedback!